Friday, May 2, 2014

Gov. and Public Administration/Nurse Practitioner

Recently I have been asking my students to make connections between their personal lives/chosen careers and those careers they choose to research in class. I ask them to to think about how semi-random research can be tied to meaning for them, personally. This week, among other things, we have researched two careers in the Government and Public Administration cluster. I would like to know why students chose to research the careers they did and how they "connect" to their own chosen career.

My two careers from the Government and Public Administration were an Economist and a Chief Executive. My chosen career was a Nurse Practitioner. An Economist relates to the Nurse Practitioner because they each have to keep track of papers. A Economist has to keep track of stocks and records of supply of demand, and a Nurse Practitioner has to keep track of their patients records from the hospital. The other career, a Chief Executive relates to the Nurse Practitioner in the way of they both have to present stuff, and they both have to keep track of things also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment