Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Comparisons

Now that you have completed some research on your chosen career (careercruising.com), how does it measure up to a career in Human Services? Please make a note of the two careers by name and write about what they have in common. Use your fact sheets to compare the two. After comparing the two careers, decide and write about what those similarities mean to you. Could you work in Human Services? Does it confirm your chosen career and academy or does it make you want to change it?

My chosen career is a Nurse Practitioner. The careers i chose from the human services is a Childcare Worker and the other is a Marriage and Family Therapist. The similarities between the childcare worker and a nurse practitioner is that they both work with people. The childcare worker works more with children when a nurse practitioner works with all ages of people. I think it would be more fun to work with just children just because I love babies, but I wouldn't enjoy spending my day changing diapers. I would enjoy being a nurse practitioner because you get to help all ages of people all day, without changing diapers. Also why I would enjoy being the nurse practitioner instead of the childcare worker is because its the step right below the doctor and its less schooling and still a very good pay. So, after comparing I confirm my pick of a career as a Nurse Practitioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment